People living or working in Dane County, Wisconsin are eligible to become a POCU owner/member when they open an dividend-bearing Savings Account with a deposit of at least $5.
|Minimum Deposit to Open||$5|
|Fixed or Variable Rate||Variable|
|Minimum Balanced to Earn Dividends||$50|
|Balance Computation Method||Average Daily Balance|
Account Features & Benefits
- Earn dividends* with an average daily balance of $50 or more; children ages 12 and under earn dividends with an average daily balance of $25 or more
- Dividends are paid on the average daily balance, compounded and credited to your account monthly
- No monthly service fees; the $5 minimum balance is required to maintain your account/membership
- Withdraw funds at an ATM, or request a check withdrawal in person, by phone or by mail
- Unlimited transfers in person. You can make up to six preauthorized debit, automatic, or telephone transfers to another POCU account of yours or a third party each month
- Online Banking is free
- Make deposits to your Savings Account in person, by mail (check or money order), direct deposit or use the secure night depository in the ATM drive–up area at 151 W. Corporate Drive
- Saturday and Sunday hours are available at our convenient drive-up Credit Union Shared Branches. Make unlimited deposits and up to 4 withdrawals from the Credit Union Shared Branch per month
- Use your POCU Savings Account as security for a secured Loan; interest rates are low and your savings continues to grow while you repay the loan
- Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government, through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. government agency
To Open Your Savings Account
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us identify you. We will ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents. These measures help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities.
Our comprehensive POCU Truth in Savings Disclosure 2014 is available for your convenience and review.