POCU is owned by its members and run by a board of directors you elect. You can be confident your financial privacy is a priority of this credit union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information.
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs, which necessitates that we share information about you to complete your transactions and to provide you with certain financial opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with other companies that provide either services to us, or additional financial products for you to consider.
Under these arrangements, we may disclose all of the information we collect as described below, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy we work only with companies that maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell to other third parties the information we provide to them.
We collect and may disclose nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on membership and loan applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or others
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms such as your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may also disclose information we collect about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, and follow your instructions as you authorize or protect the security of your financial records.
If you terminate your membership with POCU, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How Your Information is Protected
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
You Can Help By Following These Simple Guidelines
- Protect your account numbers, debit card numbers, PINs, Logon IDs and passwords
- Never keep your PIN with your debit card
- Keep your contact information with us current; if your address or phone number changes, let us know so that we have current information to reach you if necessary
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Web Link Disclaimer
In order to caution members when they are leaving the credit union’s website and to encourage users to read the privacy policies of different websites a Pop-up is posted whenever a member clicks a “link” to another party’s website.