POCU offers two convenient checking accounts: Everyday Checking with no monthly fees, and Dividend Checking which pays dividends on your balance.
|Everyday Checking||Dividend Checking|
|Balance Required to Open||$50||$50|
|Dividends Earned||No||Yes, variable rate compounded and credited monthly to your account*|
|Monthly Fees||None||$3 if average daily balance falls below $250|
|POCU Savings Account Required||Yes, $5 minimum balance to open||Yes, $5 minimum balance to open|
|Free Online Banking||Yes||Yes|
|Overdraft Protection Available||Yes||Yes|
|Free VISA Check/ATM Card||Yes||Yes|
|Unlimited Check Writing||Yes||Yes|
|Deep Discounts on Printed Checks||Yes||Yes|
Our comprehensive POCU Truth in Savings Disclosure 2014 is available for your convenience and review.
Your POCU checking account comes with a VISA Cash/Check Card!
Your POCU VISA Cash/Check Card acts as both an ATM card (savings and checking accounts are both accessible, using your PIN at an ATM machine) and a debit card (checking account only, using either your PIN with the debit function, or signature and proof of identification with the credit function).
VISA Cash/Check Card Highlights
- Up to 15 free point-of-sale (merchant) transactions per 24-hour period; maximum daily limit of $1,500 up to your available share draft balance, inclusive of ATM withdrawals
- Up to ten free ATM withdrawals per month at one of our 5,000 surcharge free ATMs from checking or savings; 50 cents each thereafter
- You may make up to five cash withdrawals in a 24-hour period, up to $500 in 24-hour period, if there are sufficient funds in your account
- Use it day or night, 24 hours-a-day, 365 days-a-year, at any ATM that belongs to the PULSE or VISA networks worldwide
- Make deposits (in Wisconsin) to your checking and savings accounts; because of servicing schedule and processing time required in ATM operations, there is a delay between the time a deposit (either cash or check) is made and when it will be available for withdrawal
- Transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts
- Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government, through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. government agency
When will my card arrive?
Your will receive your VISA Cash/Check Card in the mail in 5-10 business days. You will receive your Card first, and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) will follow in the mail a couple of days later. Once you receive your Card and PIN, call us at 608-244-3518 to activate your card. Please memorize your PIN, don’t write it on the Card or give it to anyone, it should remain CONFIDENTIAL.
What if I forget my PIN?
If you forget your PIN, please contact us and we will order you a PIN reminder. We do not have access to your PIN, that confidential information is maintained by our data processor. We cannot change your PIN for you; the one you receive is generated electronically by our processor. If you are at an ATM or VISA merchant and enter the wrong PIN, or forget your PIN three times, your card will be locked-out as a security measure. If this happens, please contact us and we will re-activate it. If after three unsuccessful tries you lose it at a “capture card” ATM, then we will order you a new card at a cost of $10.
Is the card secure?
Yes! Like a credit card, if your VISA Cash/Check Card is lost or stolen, by Federal Law your liability is limited to $50 if you report it within two days. Call POCU immediately at 608-244-3518 during regular business hours or 1-800-417-8715 after hours to report a lost or stolen Card.
Please review the Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure information in our POCU Membership Booklet 2014 for additional information. For more advice on keeping your Card secure, see the list of safety precautions regarding the use of Automated Teller Machines (ATM) in our Membership and Account Agreement, page 10. If you have any questions regarding your new VISA Cash/Check Card, please call us at 608-244-3518.